Hello Friends! We’re looking for people to host Will Johnson Living Room ShowsÂ in AprilÂ in the areas listed below. If you are located in or near any of these cities and interested in hosting please read everything below and get in touch! Contact info at the end.
April 2 : Saint Louis MO
April 3 : Chicago IL
April 4 :Â Indiana or Ohio
April 5Â : Ohio
April 6Â : Buffalo NY
April 7Â :Â Pennsylvania, Massachusetts or Vermont
April 8Â :Â Pennsylvania, Massachusetts or Vermont
April 9Â : Boston MA
April 10Â : Upstate NY orÂ NYC
April 11Â : NYC or Brooklyn
April 12Â : Philadelphia PA
April 13Â : Baltimore MD
April 14Â : Wash DC orÂ North Carolina
April 15Â : NorthÂ Carolina
April 19Â : Huntsville AL
Deadline for submission isÂ February 13
Tickets will go on sale FebruaryÂ 23Â @ 2pm (central time).
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Hereâ€™s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldnâ€™t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we canâ€™t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $15. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. Weâ€™ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host wonâ€™t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. Weâ€™ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. Weâ€™ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please donâ€™t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people donâ€™t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You donâ€™t need any sort of sound system. AllÂ weÂ is an armless chair for WillÂ to sit on andÂ glass orÂ bottle of water near where he’ll be playing. It’s nice if you have some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You donâ€™t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11.Â We love dogs and catsâ€¦ we really do! But anÂ excitable petÂ running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers.Â If you haveÂ curious and friendly 4-legged family members, wouldÂ you beÂ okÂ withÂ putting themÂ in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?
After reading all of this, if interested please follow these steps:
You read everything above and it’s all cool?
1. send an email toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of the space where the show will happen.
– c. Please put â€œWill Johnson Living Room Showâ€ and the name of your city in the subject line.
2. Sit tight and weâ€™ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Thanks for your help!
After we have the dates sorted out we will announce the shows and tickets will go on sale atÂ undertowtickets.com.